Radon in Real Estate: Understanding the Fundamentals In North Carolina
Add to Calendar
May 21, 2021 @ 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Sky Land School
Before attending class, please complete a short quiz by following the link below.
May 21 – https://forms.gle/wXqR1kYUtXPhWc8n6
This course will introduce students to the sources of radon, the methods of testing and mitigating for radon, and how to guide their clients on the subject of elevated radon levels measured in a building.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the source of radon;
- Understand, generally, how radon enters a building through negative pressure, building materials and private well-water;
- Understand the incidence rate of elevated radon throughout North Carolina;
- Provide your clients with science-based resources on the human health impacts of radon exposure;
- Understand the essential basic components of radon measurement in a residential setting;
- Understand the meaning of radon test results;
- Identify experts who can explain radon test results to your clients;
- Compare options for radon testing devices and testing timeframes;
- Locate certified radon professionals approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;
- Provide consensus-based standards to your clients for both measuring radon levels in a building and mitigating elevated radon levels in a building;
- Understand, generally, different radon mitigation practices for homes with different foundations;
- Guide your client on possible interview questions to pose to a certified mitigator and/or items for a contract when hiring a certified professional; and
- Guide builder clients on how to build with radon resistant techniques.